Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
** Adopted Recipe--Amount of flour has been increased **
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup coconut, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix and set aside oatmeal and boiling water.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs, cinnamon, shortening, baking soda, salt, sugar and flour, then add to oatmeal.
- Bake in prepared 9" X 13" pan at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Mix 3/4 c brown sugar, butter, cream and coconut.
- Spread over cake after baking and broil until bubbling.
This recipe didn't work for me. I question only 1/3 cup of flour. The directions were confusing too.