Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yum yum...I could eat this whole cake alone. Needless to say, I seldom bake it, but it is so good.
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons oleo
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- Cream together oleo, brown sugar, white sugar, 2 eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Add oats and hot water; mix well.
- Add flour and soda; beat 1 minute.
- Pour into 9x12-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or till set in center.
- For Topping: Mix together topping ingredients.
- Spread on cake.
- Return to oven just long enough to brown coconut.
This is my kind of cake. I don't like coconut so I only put it in the topping on 3/4 of the cake top. Used topping minus coconut on my portion. Worked great. Thank you
This recipe is exactly the way I remember! I used to make it with my grandmother. I also have to make sure someone is around to help eat it. Or I'll eat the whole thing!!!
It was scrumptious and easy to do. I love not having to worry about frosting.