Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
An adaptation of a Quaker Oats recipe. Serve with a glass of cold milk or a scoop of ice cream.
- 1 (9 inch) uncooked flaky pastry pie shells, refrigerated
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats (old-fashioned or quick-cooking)
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, and butter; beat on medium speed of an electric mixer for about 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Stir in the oats, coconut, flour, butterscotch chips, nuts, and vanilla; pour filling into chilled pie shell.
- Place the pie in the center rack and bake for 30 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350° and rotate pie 180°.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the center is set.
- When done, the top of the pie will be dark golden brown and crusty; give the pie a sharp little nudge--the filling shouldn't move in waves.