Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These muffins come from the Parish House Inn Bed and Breakfast. They are moist and freeze well! Kids really enjoyed the butterscotch flavor.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, cooled (1/4 pound)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, combine oats, buttermilk, and brown sugar. Set aside and let stand for 1 hour.(See note at bottom).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine melted, cooled butter and eggs. Add to oat mixture.
- Sift flour,baking powder,salt,and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to oat/egg mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Stir in butterscotch chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops spring back when touched.
- Remove from pan and cool a bit before serving.
- NOTE: I used quick oats in place of the old fashioned. I let it sit for maybe 5 minutes while I sifted the dry ingredients together. The muffins turned out good!