These muffins come from the Parish House Inn Bed and Breakfast. They are moist and freeze well! Kids really enjoyed the butterscotch flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine oats, buttermilk, and brown sugar. Set aside and let stand for 1 hour.(See note at bottom).
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- 4Combine melted, cooled butter and eggs. Add to oat mixture.
- 5Sift flour,baking powder,salt,and baking soda.
- 6Add dry ingredients to oat/egg mixture.
- 7Stir to combine.
- 8Stir in butterscotch chips.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 10Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops spring back when touched.
- 11Remove from pan and cool a bit before serving.
- 12NOTE: I used quick oats in place of the old fashioned. I let it sit for maybe 5 minutes while I sifted the dry ingredients together. The muffins turned out good!
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Butterscotch Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.4
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 171.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g