Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Be sure to place a ribbon on the jar with directions for baking.
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 314.66 ml flour
- 236.59 ml oats
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml butterscotch chips
- Combine flour, soda, and powder.
- Place in a 1 pint jar.
- Layer remaining ingredients pressing firmly after each layer.
- Recipe to attach to jar:.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat 12 tablespoons softened unsalted butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Place cookie mix in an other bowl and mix to combine ingredients. Add butter mixture and blend in to smooth any clumps. Drop tablespoon full onto ungreased pan and bake 9-11 minutes.
- Cool on pan then remove to rack to completely cool.
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! I didnt make this as a gift, cause I couldnt resist the temptation of these yummy sounding cookies and had to make them for myself! ;) They turned out beautifully, with a great crumbly texture from the oats and a lovely butterscotch flavour. Since I dont like my cookies too sweet I used only a 1/4 cup sugar making half the recipe and that way they were superb! I will definitely make these again and also would luv to try the gift jar version. I just have to find the right size of jars here in Germany. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Rita! Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #17 Decembre 09.