Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are a favorite! They're one of those crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, type of cookie, and I think you'll love how they turn out! The recipe came from our community cookbook.
- 236.59 ml vegetable shortening
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar, firmly packed down
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 414.03 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 170.09 g package butterscotch chips (1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the ingredients in the order listed. Start by creaming the shortening with the sugars, then add the vanilla; mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs; mix well; set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the flour, soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture, all at once, to the shortening-sugar mixture; mix well.
- Add the oats and the butterscotch chips all at one time; mix well.
- Grease (with vegetable shortening) a large 16-inch by 12-inch baking sheet.
- Shape dough into golf ball-size balls, spacing 2 inches apart. Place 12 dough balls on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. In my oven, the cookies are generally done baking in 11 minutes. Allow cookies to sit on the baking sheet 1 minute before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Absolutely delicious, crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, just as described -- this one is a keeper! The only change I made was to use the whole bag of butterscotch chips. Also baked them on parchment paper instead of greasing the sheet, came off fine. Thanks for a great recipe!
I love that crisp but soft taste and the butterscotch was like a plesant little present inside
Just as you said crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. yummy!!!!!!