Recipe by KMSoprano
The first time I made this I ate the whole pan. The second time I made this I ate the whole pan. The third time I made this I told my friends to keep me away from the darn pan and they ate the whole thing. Now we are all really fat and I need 3 new baking pans... =)
Top Review by Koshka
I made these for a bakesale and these are on my top 5 list for BEST DESSERT EVER. The people who gave these a negative review are either nuts or made it wrong. I follwed the recipe exactly except I used quick oats for the oatmeal. Thanks for this recipe, I will use it for many years to come.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened (plus a little more to grease the pan)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or a bit more)
- 3 cups regular oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13 pan with butter.
- Combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter, then add sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in oatmeal and the butterscotch chips.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 22 to 28 minutes.
- If they seem to be getting to brown on the edges, and are still quite gooey in the center lower the oven temp to 325°F for the last 10 minutes or so.