Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The first time I made this I ate the whole pan. The second time I made this I ate the whole pan. The third time I made this I told my friends to keep me away from the darn pan and they ate the whole thing. Now we are all really fat and I need 3 new baking pans... =)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened (plus a little more to grease the pan)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or a bit more)
- 3 cups regular oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13 pan with butter.
- Combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter, then add sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in oatmeal and the butterscotch chips.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 22 to 28 minutes.
- If they seem to be getting to brown on the edges, and are still quite gooey in the center lower the oven temp to 325°F for the last 10 minutes or so.
I made these for a bakesale and these are on my top 5 list for BEST DESSERT EVER. The people who gave these a negative review are either nuts or made it wrong. I follwed the recipe exactly except I used quick oats for the oatmeal. Thanks for this recipe, I will use it for many years to come.
These turned out very very good. I used regular oats - not quick or instant, and they were not dry and did not crumble. They were moist and delicious!!!
This was one of my favorites from a long time ago. I made this the other night and ate quite a few and they were delicious! My husband ate quite a few as well. I woke up the next morning and found one of the sticks of butter left on my counter! Needless to say, they are great with only one stick of butter! I also used brown sugar and more cinnamon (because I like cinnamon). I cooked it on the lower setting for a few minutes longers. I also think if one would want, you could use half the amount of butterscotch chips and come out with still an abundance of butterscotch flavor. No matter what, they are delicious.