Top Review by Boxerwing
A very rustic pancake. Quite good but was a little too rough textured while fresh for my liking. HOWEVER, these were much better frozen and then reheated in the toaster. They seemed to mellow in the freezer and kept their shape perfectly. Wonderful for a "homemade" breakfast when you need it fast. will definitely make again.
- 2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted shortening or 1⁄3 cup liquid shortening
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oats and soda to buttermilk.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add sifted dry ingredients, shortening and eggs to oats mixture.
- Stir until combined.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot, lightly greased griddle.
- Bake to a golden brown, turning only once.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup.