1/4 Photos of Oatmeal-Buttermilk Pancakes
2 hrs 5 mins
Plan ahead the batter needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight. These pancakes are incredibly light!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (or use quick cooking oats)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar (can add in more sugar for a sweeter pancake)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- oil (for frying) or butter (for frying)
- 1In a large bowl combine the first 6 dry ingredients.
- 2In another smaller bowl whisk together buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla until well blended; add to the dry ingredients, whisk until blended (there might be some small lumps that still remain).
- 3Cover and chill for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- 4Heat oil in a skillet.
- 5Drop about 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet.
- 6Cook the pancakes until the bottoms are golden brown and bubbles form on top (about 2 minutes).
- 7Turn the pancakes over and cook until the bottoms are golden brown, brushing the skillet with more oil or butter if necessary.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal-Buttermilk Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (1052 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 277.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g