Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This dish has suddenly become very popular with Singaporean folk....sharing a recipe i have used for years.
- 300 g big prawns, trimmed, washed and drained
- 4 cups oil, for fying
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 egg yolks, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon shallot
- 1⁄2 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 sprigs curry leaves (sliced)
- 6 hot chili peppers (sliced)
- 1 dash salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons quick-cooking oatmeal (choose one)
- Heat up oil, add prawns and deep-fry for 1 minute Dish and drain.
- Level 1/2 cup of oil wok, saute butter/margarine and egg yolks till fragrant.
- Add garlic, chicken stock granules, sugar, curry leaves, chillis, salt and peppeter and continue to fry till fragrant.
- Add prawns and fry till aromatic.
- lastly, add Nestum/oatmeal and fry till dry. Dish up and serve hot.