Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
I got this recipe when I was on a vegetarian diet kick. I liked it very much and have used it often, even though we now eat meat again. Everyone loves it and it is easy to make. Hope you like it as much as we do!
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups ground walnuts
- 6 eggs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 9 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons chicken seasoning (or can use 1 envelope from a box of dry onion soup mix if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Sauce Mix For Top
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can mushroom soup, mixed with
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together except for the topping.
- Form in to patties and cook in small amount of oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Place in 9X13 casserole dish.
- Cover with the sauce topping mix and bake for 35-40 minutes until bubbling and hot.