Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
A deluxe oatmeal made in ramekins with a brown sugar topping.
Make and share this Oatmeal Brulee recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring water to boiling.
- Stir in salt and oats; lower heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, for about 3-4 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in half-and-half.
- Spoon mixture into 4 buttered ramekins.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon brown sugar over each serving.
- Broil for about 2-3 minutes or until sugar is bubbly and melted.
- Serve with additional half-and-half if desired.
From The Big Book of Breakfast, 2003, by Maryana Vollstedt. A great way to make oatmeal special!
Yum! Yum! I made two for lunch: one for me and one for my husband...I couldn't wait for my husband to come home, I just ate one and mmm! MMMM! they're delicious! Whenever we buy those Instant Oatmeal variety packs from Costco, we always have left over plain flavored ones. I couldn't get myself to eat them but I couldn't throw them out so I just saved them. Well, I'm glad that I did because when I use them this way, they're no longer just plain and blah~ They turn into treats that taste great!
A nice tasting dressed up oatmeal. Will add this to my growing list of oatmeal recipes. Thanks NurseDi. Bullwinkle.