Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are gorgeous looking and you get two for one! Two different dessert tastes--brownies and brown sugared oats, layered into one rich, scrumptious treat. Makes 48 brownies.
- 2 1⁄2 cups oats (quick-cooking or old-fashioned)
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (can sub equal amount of margarine)
- 15 ounces brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (chopped)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom only of 13x9x2 pan.
- For oat mixture:.
- Mix oats, flour, brown sugar and baking soda.
- Stir in butter.
- Reserve 1 cup of the oat mixture and press remaining oat mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes and then let cool for 5 minutes.
- For brownie mixture:.
- Stir brownie mix, chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs in medium bowl about 50 strokes or until well blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread over oat layer and then sprinkle with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in pan comes out clean (checking 2 inches from side of pan).
- Cool completely before cutting.
This was a winner!!! Thanks for the recipe. I didn't have brownie mix with chocolate syrup, I just used what I had at the house and followed the directions on the box for the amounts of oil and water. I liked the amount of oatmeal, I would not lessen. I might consider adding butterscottchy chips to the oatmeal mixture, in a layer between it and the brownies. Yummy!!!
Wonderful!!! The Brownies are easy to cut out of the pan so they look great! So Yummmy!!!!
Wow these are really tasty! I omitted the nuts and baked in an 8x11 pan so I had to bake them about 8 extra minutes. Very chewy and fudgy treat. Thanks Chef Mommie!