1 hr 10 mins
This is an adopted recipe by Mean Chef. Mean Chef says: Surprise your brownie aficionado friends with a chewy honey and oatmeal version from baking maven Maida Heatter. Remember, the better the chocolate, the better and more dramatic the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 425 degrees (400 degrees if using a Pyrex pan). Line a 9-inch square pan with foil, leaving excess foil hanging over, and butter foil well.
- 2Place chocolate and butter in deep heavy saucepan and melt over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients in order listed; mixture will be thick.
- 3Pack firmly into prepared pan. (One way to do this is to cover the mixture with a sheet of wax paper or plastic wrap and press with your fingers or with the bottom of another pan.) Bake 15 minutes.
- 4Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Cover with one rack and invert onto another rack; remove pan.
- 5Carefully pull off foil and invert again to cool right side up. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- 6With long sharp knife, cut brownies in half, then cut each half into thirds.
- 7Cut each third into 4 strips. Store in airtight container with layers separated by wax paper or parchment paper.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Brownie Fingers..need I Say More?
Serving Size: 1 (874 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.9
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 56.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g