Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an adopted recipe by Mean Chef. Mean Chef says: Surprise your brownie aficionado friends with a chewy honey and oatmeal version from baking maven Maida Heatter. Remember, the better the chocolate, the better and more dramatic the flavor.
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 425 degrees (400 degrees if using a Pyrex pan). Line a 9-inch square pan with foil, leaving excess foil hanging over, and butter foil well.
- Place chocolate and butter in deep heavy saucepan and melt over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients in order listed; mixture will be thick.
- Pack firmly into prepared pan. (One way to do this is to cover the mixture with a sheet of wax paper or plastic wrap and press with your fingers or with the bottom of another pan.) Bake 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Cover with one rack and invert onto another rack; remove pan.
- Carefully pull off foil and invert again to cool right side up. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- With long sharp knife, cut brownies in half, then cut each half into thirds.
- Cut each third into 4 strips. Store in airtight container with layers separated by wax paper or parchment paper.