- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 6 cups milk, plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium banana
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the oats and milk to a rapid simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes, until the oatmeal is thickened. Add sugar to taste and set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the oatmeal to a bowl; cover and refrigerate at least two hours or overnight.
- Process in blender with sliced banana and cinnamon. Strain the liquid and add the vanilla. If desired, add more milk for a thinner consistency.