1/3 Photos of Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Great finger food for kids or adults, and especially suitable for anyone with food allergies since there is no wheat or milk in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 cup oat flour (can be made by pulverising rolled oats in a blender or food processor)
- 1 cup packed currants or 1 cup raisins or 1 cup chopped prunes or 1 cup other dried fruit
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup orange juice (you could also use 1/4 cup molasses and 3/4 cup water)
- 1/4 cup white sugar or 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds or 1/4 cup nuts, pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9 inch by 13 inch pan, or two 8 inch by 8 inch pans.
- 3Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- 4It should be moist enough to form a ball, without extra liquid.
- 5Put mixture in prepared pans and spread evenly.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and cut into squares while still hot.
- 8Wait until the bars cool before trying to remove them from the pan.
- 9One tip: if the fruit is hard, soak it with a bit of water before starting to make this recipe because the fruit doesn't soften much in baking.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 100.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g