Recipe by Sackville
Great finger food for kids or adults, and especially suitable for anyone with food allergies since there is no wheat or milk in the recipe.
Top Review by niami
Very good. I made the recipe with the ingredients and measurements as the author stated and did not change it (Ever notice how people here don't follow the recipes then leave comments saying the recipes suck? I hate that!). The bars tasted great and my 18 month old ate them up!
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 cup oat flour (can be made by pulverising rolled oats in a blender or food processor)
- 1 cup packed currants or 1 cup raisins or 1 cup chopped prunes or 1 cup other dried fruit
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup orange juice (you could also use 1/4 cup molasses and 3/4 cup water)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar or 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds or 1⁄4 cup nuts, pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch by 13 inch pan, or two 8 inch by 8 inch pans.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- It should be moist enough to form a ball, without extra liquid.
- Put mixture in prepared pans and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into squares while still hot.
- Wait until the bars cool before trying to remove them from the pan.
- One tip: if the fruit is hard, soak it with a bit of water before starting to make this recipe because the fruit doesn't soften much in baking.