Recipe by semo233_417632
. They are high protein and calcium and made a great grab and go breakfast along with a hard boiled egg. You can make all different combinations - we love "banana bread style" with mashed bananas and walnuts, blueberry muffin style, dried cherries and almonds, and substituting pumpkin for the mashed banana along with pumpkin pie spice, yum!
Top Review by sprue
this was very tasty. the directions were a little confusing.. it says to add the honey or agave but that ingredient is not in the list so i just squeezed some on.. i put raisons, walnuts, vanilla and a scoop of pb in mine.. very delicious and easy to mix up.. i was worried about the powdered milk.. as i thought it would be too dry and was wondering if i should add water.. i didnt and it all turned out great.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- cut up dried fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray like pam.
- Add honey, agave nectar, or sugar.
- pour (glop really) into the pan.
- bake for about 22 minutes till the edges brown and come away from the pan.
- let cool.
- remove from pan.
- cut into six bars 2 bars per serving.
- bag into individual servings and refrigerate.