Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
. They are high protein and calcium and made a great grab and go breakfast along with a hard boiled egg. You can make all different combinations - we love "banana bread style" with mashed bananas and walnuts, blueberry muffin style, dried cherries and almonds, and substituting pumpkin for the mashed banana along with pumpkin pie spice, yum!
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- cut up dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray like pam.
- Add honey, agave nectar, or sugar.
- pour (glop really) into the pan.
- bake for about 22 minutes till the edges brown and come away from the pan.
- let cool.
- remove from pan.
- cut into six bars 2 bars per serving.
- bag into individual servings and refrigerate.
this was very tasty. the directions were a little confusing.. it says to add the honey or agave but that ingredient is not in the list so i just squeezed some on.. i put raisons, walnuts, vanilla and a scoop of pb in mine.. very delicious and easy to mix up.. i was worried about the powdered milk.. as i thought it would be too dry and was wondering if i should add water.. i didnt and it all turned out great.