Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious way to start your day off also makes a great snack after a good workout. The perfect combination of grains, protein, Omega3, and a little fruit for your sweet tooth!!
- 2 2⁄3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄3 cup flax seed
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup nuts (or trail mix)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add mashed bananas, egg, oil and honey and mix well until blended and mixture is sticky.
- Press entire mixture into an 8"x8" pan lined with parchment paper (helps lift out).
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
This is a healthy recipe but sorry to say they didnt work real well for us. The bars were heavy and dense with a bland flavor. Maybe artificial sweetener instead of honey and a few other spices would help but not sure if it would alter the nutrients.