Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 5 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 4 packets yeast
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 4 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- Heat water, margarine, and honey to 120f (48c).
- Add white flour, oats, yeast, salt, and eggs.
- Beat in mixer for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, beat at higher speed 3-4 minutes until stiff dough.
- Knead on floured board til smooth & not sticky.
- Place in greased bowl, turn over, cover, and let rise 45 minutes til doubled.
- Punch down, cut into even portions, roll out evenly to 3/8" thickness.
- Roll like a jelly roll, pinch down ends, fold ends under, & place in greased pans.
- Cover and let rise 1 hour til doubled.
- Bake at 375f for 40 minutes, cool on wire racks, serve.