Recipe by SnoBahr
I made this to make my son's PB&J sandwiches. I scavenged it from BH&G Biggest Book of Bread Machine Recipes. This is for a 2 pound loaf.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great texture and flavor. Really like the nuttiness it gets from toasting the oats. Went great with a bowl of seafood chowder. I think I'll make another loaf to use in my bread pudding. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
- 314.66 ml quick-cooking oats or 314.66 ml rolled oats
- 177.44 ml milk
- 118.29 ml water
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter, cut up or 29.58 ml shortening
- 787.84 ml bread flour
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 6.16 ml bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the rolled oats in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 350F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until light brown, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Add ingredients to the machine according to the manufacturer's directions, adding the oats with the flour. Use either the Whole Grain cycle, or Basic White Bread cycle.