Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
I made this to make my son's PB&J sandwiches. I scavenged it from BH&G Biggest Book of Bread Machine Recipes. This is for a 2 pound loaf.
- 314.66 ml quick-cooking oats or 314.66 ml rolled oats
- 177.44 ml milk
- 118.29 ml water
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter, cut up or 29.58 ml shortening
- 787.84 ml bread flour
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 6.16 ml bread machine yeast
- Spread the rolled oats in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 350F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until light brown, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Add ingredients to the machine according to the manufacturer's directions, adding the oats with the flour. Use either the Whole Grain cycle, or Basic White Bread cycle.
Great texture and flavor. Really like the nuttiness it gets from toasting the oats. Went great with a bowl of seafood chowder. I think I'll make another loaf to use in my bread pudding. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.