Recipe by SnoBahr
I made this to make my son's PB&J sandwiches. I scavenged it from BH&G Biggest Book of Bread Machine Recipes. This is for a 2 pound loaf.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great texture and flavor. Really like the nuttiness it gets from toasting the oats. Went great with a bowl of seafood chowder. I think I'll make another loaf to use in my bread pudding. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
- 1 1⁄3 cups quick-cooking oats or 1 1⁄3 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, cut up or 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 1⁄3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the rolled oats in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 350F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until light brown, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Add ingredients to the machine according to the manufacturer's directions, adding the oats with the flour. Use either the Whole Grain cycle, or Basic White Bread cycle.