1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Bread
3 hrs 15 mins
Ernst in the Kitchen's Note:
Nice earthy taste but soft enough that kids will love it. Use quick-cooking oats for lighter bread, or regular rolled oats for a chewier texture. We use a stoneware bread pan. For the final rise (outside the bread machine,) I place the loaf on the middle rack of our oven, and place a 9" x 9" baking dish filled with hot tap water underneath it. The baking itself is done on our oven's second-lowest rack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup 1% low-fat milk, warmed 40 sec in microwave
- 1/2 cup water, warmed 40 sec in microwave
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour (I use King Arthur Brand)
- 1 cup wheat flour (King Arthur Brand White-Wheat)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1Place ingredients into bread machine in the order they are listed.
- 2Run bread machine on "Dough" cycle until comlete.
- 3Remove dough from machine and knead on floured surface 3-4 times.
- 4Place dough in greased bread pan.
- 5Allow loaf to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 6Using a serrated knife, make a 1/4" slit down the middle of the loaf.
- 7Bake at 350F for 28 minutes.
- 8Remove bread to cool on rack 2-3 hours before slicing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Bread
Serving Size: 1 (733 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1738.3
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 1931.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 334.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.4 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 55.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten