Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This tasty bread makes wonderful toasts.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey (or brown sugar, packed )
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk, lukewarm
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- Place all the ingredients ( except the fruit ) into the pan of the bread machine. Select manual or dough. About 10 minutes before the end of the kneading cycle, check dough and adjust its consistency as necessary with aditional flour or water. Finished dough should be soft and supple.
- Add the raisins about 3 minutes before the end of the final kneading cycle.
- When the machine beeps, transfer the dough to a lighly oiled surface and shape it into a log ( about 13" long). Place the log in lighthly greased cookie sheet, cover the dough with a towel and allow it to rise for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake the bread in a preheated 350º F oven for 30 to 35 minutes. If the bread appears to be browning too quickly, tent it with aluminum foil for the final 10 minutes of baking.
Sounds yummy - I'm trying this today - adding 1/2 potato mashed and the cinnamon - will review when it's done.
I made this in my Kitchen Aid Mixer, but it worked out very well. I added 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1/3 cup dry potato flakes. The potato helps retain moisture making the loaf stay fresh longer. It also adds a wonderful softness to the finished product. Over all fine recipe. Thanks for posting.