Recipe by mielhollinger
Due to the wonderful nature of oat flour, this bread is deliciously moist and sweet. This recipe is perfect for anyone who wants and almost gluten-free bread. Note: you can make this bread wheat-free by using Kamut or other wheat-free flours. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- egg substitute (to equal 1 egg)
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sweetener.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the egg replacer with the milk and vinegar and add to the flour mixture.
- Mix together carefully until just mixed.
- Place in lightly oiled loaf pan or shape into and oval loaf and place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Dust top of loaf with oatmeal flakes and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.