Due to the wonderful nature of oat flour, this bread is deliciously moist and sweet. This recipe is perfect for anyone who wants and almost gluten-free bread. Note: you can make this bread wheat-free by using Kamut or other wheat-free flours. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sweetener.
- 3In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the egg replacer with the milk and vinegar and add to the flour mixture.
- 4Mix together carefully until just mixed.
- 5Place in lightly oiled loaf pan or shape into and oval loaf and place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- 6Dust top of loaf with oatmeal flakes and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- 7Test with a knife to see if done.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1006 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2027.3
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4600.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 397.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 75.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: