Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Due to the wonderful nature of oat flour, this bread is deliciously moist and sweet. This recipe is perfect for anyone who wants and almost gluten-free bread. Note: you can make this bread wheat-free by using Kamut or other wheat-free flours. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- egg substitute (to equal 1 egg)
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sweetener.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the egg replacer with the milk and vinegar and add to the flour mixture.
- Mix together carefully until just mixed.
- Place in lightly oiled loaf pan or shape into and oval loaf and place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Dust top of loaf with oatmeal flakes and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.