Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A hand held "bowl" of yummy oatmeal on the go! All the boys love the chocolate chip version best, but Mom loves the cranberries. Much healthier than commercially prepared breakfasts. Swim team loves them too! To ensure Gluten Free use GF guaranteed oats.
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, heaping
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk, dairy free if needed
- 1 cup dried cranberries (omit cocoa powder and chocolate chips)
- 1) Add all dry ingredients to large mixing bowl, stir until well combined.
- 2) Add Chocolate Chips and stir again until thoroughly distributed.
- 3) Add in oil, vanilla, and milk, stirring to thoroughly moisten all ingredients.
- 5) Let rest for aprox. half an hour while preheating oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6) line baking sheets with parchment (or grease).
- 7) Scoop dough with large ice cream/cookie scoop and drop onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten each cookie.
- 8) bake for about 25-30 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a flat surface to cool completely.
- Note: Prep time does not include dough "rest".
These were excellent. Very yummy, not too sweet. I did a half batch and the recipe halved nicely. I also didn't let mine sit anywhere near 30 minutes - more like 15 - and the cookies were perfect coming out of the oven at 30 minute cook time.<br/><br/>Many thanks!
This was probably the worst tasting recipe I have ever baked. I followed the recipe very carefully. When I tasted them, I thought I must have missed some crucial ingredients, but after rechecking the ingredients, measurements and instructions, I hadn't. They are very, very bland, unless you happen to get a chocolate chip in every bite. My family wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. I had to throw them out, which is something I've never had to do with any of my baked goods. Healthy does not have to be tasteless.