Recipe by LazyGourmet
A hand held "bowl" of yummy oatmeal on the go! All the boys love the chocolate chip version best, but Mom loves the cranberries. Much healthier than commercially prepared breakfasts. Swim team loves them too! To ensure Gluten Free use GF guaranteed oats.
Top Review by voyageuse
These were excellent. Very yummy, not too sweet. I did a half batch and the recipe halved nicely. I also didn't let mine sit anywhere near 30 minutes - more like 15 - and the cookies were perfect coming out of the oven at 30 minute cook time.<br/><br/>Many thanks!
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, heaping
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk, dairy free if needed
- 1 cup dried cranberries (omit cocoa powder and chocolate chips)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Add all dry ingredients to large mixing bowl, stir until well combined.
- 2) Add Chocolate Chips and stir again until thoroughly distributed.
- 3) Add in oil, vanilla, and milk, stirring to thoroughly moisten all ingredients.
- 5) Let rest for aprox. half an hour while preheating oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6) line baking sheets with parchment (or grease).
- 7) Scoop dough with large ice cream/cookie scoop and drop onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten each cookie.
- 8) bake for about 25-30 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a flat surface to cool completely.
- Note: Prep time does not include dough "rest".