Recipe by Jan in Lanark
Another great recipe from my mother's much used recipe files. To sour milk place 1 T. lemon juice or vinegar in a 1 cup measure and fill with milk. Let stand for 1/2 hour and stir.
Top Review by Breeze144
These are awesome muffins! Roosie's right, they are dense with the oatmeal but still soft and tasty! (especially with melted butter on them...) I made them with blueberries this time, and I think I'll try them with chocolate chips next time! Thanks!
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml buttermilk or 236.59 ml sour milk
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen) or 118.29 ml raisins or 118.29 ml chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour milk over oats and let stand for 15-20 minutes (or overnight).
- Heat oven to 350.
- Add sugar, egg and oil to oatmeal mixture and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together, then blend lightly with oatmeal mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins and bake 20-30 minutes.
- Best served warm with butter!