Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is such an easy recipe and VERY low point. It makes ONE good muffin.
Make and share this Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml old-fashioned oatmeal
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml Splenda granular
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon (here is where you can add any spice that sounds good to you. I will add a PINCH of cloves and a shak)
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 236.59 ml blueberries (I use unthawed frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Soak oats in milk for 10 to 15 minute
- Spray muffin pan with Pam.
- Combine all ingredients except blueberries. Add them last.
- Spoon into muffin pan, making 12 muffins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minute
- For the same point value you can leave out the berries and add:
- 1 cup chopped apples -- OR --
- 12 cup raisin -- .
The muffins tasted great, but they were so dense and hard; did not have muffin consistency at all.
I really enjoyed these muffins. I used frozen raspberries from my garden. I also added 1 tsp of grated orange rind.
These are excellent, and oh so easy to make. I used 1/2 cup of Splenda as I assumed that was what you intended. I have a feeling we will be enjoying these often.