Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is such an easy recipe and VERY low point. It makes ONE good muffin.
- 236.59 ml old-fashioned oatmeal
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml Splenda granular
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon (here is where you can add any spice that sounds good to you. I will add a PINCH of cloves and a shak)
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 236.59 ml blueberries (I use unthawed frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Soak oats in milk for 10 to 15 minute
- Spray muffin pan with Pam.
- Combine all ingredients except blueberries. Add them last.
- Spoon into muffin pan, making 12 muffins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minute
- For the same point value you can leave out the berries and add:
- 1 cup chopped apples -- OR --
- 12 cup raisin -- .
The muffins tasted great, but they were so dense and hard; did not have muffin consistency at all.
I really enjoyed these muffins. I used frozen raspberries from my garden. I also added 1 tsp of grated orange rind.
These are excellent, and oh so easy to make. I used 1/2 cup of Splenda as I assumed that was what you intended. I have a feeling we will be enjoying these often.