Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in the cookbook that Chef MarieAlice sent me. These are just so good. If using frozen berries do not thaw.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Combine egg, buttermilk, brown sugar and margarine; beat well.
- Mix in oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
This recipes was quick and easy to make. The muffins looked great and tasted delicious. The berries sank a little in the batter - causing some of the muffin the be a plain muffin. I found a tip that suggests dusting the frozen berries with flour before adding to the batter. This helps keep the batter from turning purple and the berries do not sink. Made for My 3 Chefs Tag.