Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are relatively healthy and extremely yummy (and easy) muffins. You could substitute any berry you want!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (or oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries, chopped (juice too)
- 1) Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 2) Combine wet ingredients and blackberries in large bowl.
- 3) Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- 4) Line muffin pan with cups, or spray with cooking spray (I use cups).
- 5) Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
I made these muffins the night before for breakfast, of course I had to sample one. The recipe results in a moist and chewy muffin. I subbed mulberries for blackberries. Thank you!
I made these because I needed to use up some blackberries. I like hearty muffins but these are more chewy than even I like. I used oil instead of applesauce. I am going to make again and try changing it up.