Recipe by wicked cook 46
From the Robinhood Flour website Because the dough for batter bread is already very soft from the beating process, it doesn’t require any kneading. You simply mix the ingredients together, leave the dough to rise in a casserole or soufflé dish and then bake it. The result is a delicious, round loaf of bread with a soft, chewy texture. Prep time is approx AND includes the rise times
Top Review by *Bellinda*
I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out pretty good. I used a bit more whole wheat flour and a bit less white. But it was white whole wheat so the consistency was still light and fluffy. I'll definately make it again.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat bread flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups white bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup water, hot
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup oats
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup of the white flour, yeast, sugar and salt in large bowl. Mix well.
- ADD water, butter, oats and egg to flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed of electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir in remaining 1 - 1 1/4 cups (250 - 300 mL) white flour adding enough to make a soft smooth dough.
- PLACE in lightly greased bowl. Turn dough to grease top. Cover with greased waxed paper and tea towel.
- Let rise in a warm place (75°- 85°F/24°- 29°C) until doubled (35 - 40 minutes).
- TURN dough into greased 1 1/2 qt (1.5 L) round casserole or soufflé dish.
- LET RISE uncovered in warm place until doubled in size (30 - 35 minutes).
- BAKE at 375°F (190°C) on centre oven rack for 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden. Remove from dish immediately. Cool on wire rack.