1/22 Photos of Oatmeal Base and Variations: Healthy & Low-Fat Oatmeal Guide
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
In this recipe is the perfect and easiest microwave oatmeal base along with 21 variations you can choose from. Its the perfect breakfast guide! You get variation without spending hours searching up differant recipes! Oatmeal is really to your own personal taste so tweak them as you see fit. ENJOY! I credited the few oatmeal variations I used from zaar members, but the rest I have pulled off of everywhere and anywhere, and I have not kept track. If one of the variations is YOURS, tell me and I will by all means give you credit. I dont want to take credit for your recipe. If you dont want yours up here, tell me and I will take it down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bowl large enough for expansion, place oats and oat bran.
- 2Add milk and microwave for 80 seconds. Let sit to absorb if necessary. (Oatmeal base is by Annacia).
- 4APPLE CINNAMON: 2 tbsps. semi-chunky applesauce, 2-2 1/2 tsps. brown sugar, 1/4-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, cinnamon chips (optional).
- 5STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM: 4-5 teaspoons strawberry jam, 1 tablespoons low-fat creamy strawberry yogurt, splash butterscotch extract or vanilla, optional brown sugar to taste, fresh chopped strawberries to top with (if in season).
- 6PUMPKIN: 3 tbsps. pumpkin, 1/4 tsps. pumpkin pie spice, 2 1/2 tsps. brown sugar. (By Annacia).
- 7CARAMEL APPLE: 5 tsps. applesauce, 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon, 2 1/2 tsps. caramel sauce, 1 teaspoon butterscotch chips, butterscotch extract.
- 8CHOCOLATE: 1 1/2 tsps. cocoa, 2 tsps. sugar, 1/4 teaspoons vanilla, 1-2 heaping teaspoons mini chocolate chips, spoonful nutella or peanut butter(optional).
- 9BANANA PEANUT BUTTER: 1/2-1 banana (chopped), 2 tsps. brown sugar, 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter, banana flavour(optional), 1/4 tsp cinnamon, peanut butter chips(optional).
- 10BERRY CHEESECAKE: 1 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese, 2 heaping tsps. berry jam, small handful frozen blueberries (thawed with juice, add it in), caramel sauce to drizzle on top and sweeten the cheese.
- 11BERRY FRENCH TOAST: 3 tbsps. frozen berries (thawed with juice, add it in), 1/2 tbsps. ground flax seed, 1+ tbsps. maple syrup, 1/2 tbsps. margarine, 1/4-1/2 tsps. cinnamon. (By BeautifullyHuman).
- 12CINNAMON ROLL: 1 heaping tablespoons raisins or sultanas (add with water and oats before microwaving), 1 1/2 teaspoons nonfat cream cheese, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 4 teaspoons brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoons vanilla, Icing sugar to garnish.
- 13BLUEBERRY PEACH: 1 tablespoons peach jam, 3 tbsps. frozen blueberries (thawed with juice, add it in), 1/8 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoons ground flaxseed, 1/2 tsp margarine/butter.
- 14FRUIT: 1/2 teaspoons margarine, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 1/2 tsps. brown sugar, 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream, pinch cinnamon, chopped fruit to top with.
- 15CRANAPPLE: 1 tablespoons dried cranberries, 7-8 tsps. applesauce, dash cinnamon, brown sugar to taste.
- 16HONEY NUTTY APRICOT: 2-3 chopped dried apricots, 1 tablespoons honey (or to taste), 1 teaspoons ground flaxseed, sprinkle cinnamon, splash vanilla.
- 17PEACHES AND CREAM: 3 heaping tablespoons canned peaches in juice (can be subbed with dethawed frozen for less desireable results), 1 tablespoon low-fat creamy peach yogurt, butterscotch extract or vanilla, brown sugar to taste.
- 18ZESTY BLUEBERRY: 3 tbsps. frozen blueberries (thawed with juice, add it in), a dash grated lemon rind, 3-4 teaspoons raspberry jam, 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon.
- 19MAPLE CINNAMON (optional) COTTAGE CHEESE: 2 tsps. light cottage cheese (optional), 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, 1-3 teaspoons brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, chopped fruit (banana in particular tastes good), chopped nuts, teaspoons brown sugar (optional).
- 20VANILLA RAISIN NUT SPICE: 2 tbsps. raisins (or craisins), 2 1/2-3 teaspoons vanilla-flavoured syrup, 1 teaspoons brown sugar, 1/8 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1/8-1/4 teaspoons cinnamon(to taste), 1 1/2 tbsps. sliced toasted toasted.
- 21PEANUT BUTTER AND JAM: 1-2 tablespoons berry jam (or to taste), 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter (or to taste), 1 teaspoons margarine, dash cinnamon.
- 22NUTELLA BANAPPLE: 1-2 tablespoons nutella (or other hazelnut spread), 1/2 chopped ripe banana, 2 teaspoons applesauce, dash cinnamon.
- 23S'MORES: 1 teaspoon skim milk powder, 2 graham crackers (crumbled as fine as you perfer), 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa, 1/8 teaspoon vanilla, 1-2 teaspoons sugar, miniature milk chocolate chips (frozen or refridgerated so they dont melt right away), miniature marshmallows.
- 24BANANA SMASH: 1/2-3/4 of a banana, warmed then mashed (microwave for about 25 seconds on one side, then flip and microwave for an additional 10. This is if you use 3/4 banana. Adjust accordingly. Mash after the microwaving.) dash pumpkin pie spice, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, brown sugar to taste. (Adaptation of A.Lynne).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Base and Variations: Healthy & Low-Fat Oatmeal Guide
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 229.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g