Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
In this recipe is the perfect and easiest microwave oatmeal base along with 21 variations you can choose from. Its the perfect breakfast guide! You get variation without spending hours searching up differant recipes! Oatmeal is really to your own personal taste so tweak them as you see fit. ENJOY! I credited the few oatmeal variations I used from zaar members, but the rest I have pulled off of everywhere and anywhere, and I have not kept track. If one of the variations is YOURS, tell me and I will by all means give you credit. I dont want to take credit for your recipe. If you dont want yours up here, tell me and I will take it down.
- In bowl large enough for expansion, place oats and oat bran.
- Add milk and microwave for 80 seconds. Let sit to absorb if necessary. (Oatmeal base is by Annacia).
- APPLE CINNAMON: 2 tbsps. semi-chunky applesauce, 2-2 1/2 tsps. brown sugar, 1/4-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, cinnamon chips (optional).
- STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM: 4-5 teaspoons strawberry jam, 1 tablespoons low-fat creamy strawberry yogurt, splash butterscotch extract or vanilla, optional brown sugar to taste, fresh chopped strawberries to top with (if in season).
- PUMPKIN: 3 tbsps. pumpkin, 1/4 tsps. pumpkin pie spice, 2 1/2 tsps. brown sugar. (By Annacia).
- CARAMEL APPLE: 5 tsps. applesauce, 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon, 2 1/2 tsps. caramel sauce, 1 teaspoon butterscotch chips, butterscotch extract.
- CHOCOLATE: 1 1/2 tsps. cocoa, 2 tsps. sugar, 1/4 teaspoons vanilla, 1-2 heaping teaspoons mini chocolate chips, spoonful nutella or peanut butter(optional).
- BANANA PEANUT BUTTER: 1/2-1 banana (chopped), 2 tsps. brown sugar, 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter, banana flavour(optional), 1/4 tsp cinnamon, peanut butter chips(optional).
- BERRY CHEESECAKE: 1 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese, 2 heaping tsps. berry jam, small handful frozen blueberries (thawed with juice, add it in), caramel sauce to drizzle on top and sweeten the cheese.
- BERRY FRENCH TOAST: 3 tbsps. frozen berries (thawed with juice, add it in), 1/2 tbsps. ground flax seed, 1+ tbsps. maple syrup, 1/2 tbsps. margarine, 1/4-1/2 tsps. cinnamon. (By BeautifullyHuman).
- CINNAMON ROLL: 1 heaping tablespoons raisins or sultanas (add with water and oats before microwaving), 1 1/2 teaspoons nonfat cream cheese, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 4 teaspoons brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoons vanilla, Icing sugar to garnish.
- BLUEBERRY PEACH: 1 tablespoons peach jam, 3 tbsps. frozen blueberries (thawed with juice, add it in), 1/8 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoons ground flaxseed, 1/2 tsp margarine/butter.
- FRUIT: 1/2 teaspoons margarine, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 1/2 tsps. brown sugar, 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream, pinch cinnamon, chopped fruit to top with.
- CRANAPPLE: 1 tablespoons dried cranberries, 7-8 tsps. applesauce, dash cinnamon, brown sugar to taste.
- HONEY NUTTY APRICOT: 2-3 chopped dried apricots, 1 tablespoons honey (or to taste), 1 teaspoons ground flaxseed, sprinkle cinnamon, splash vanilla.
- PEACHES AND CREAM: 3 heaping tablespoons canned peaches in juice (can be subbed with dethawed frozen for less desireable results), 1 tablespoon low-fat creamy peach yogurt, butterscotch extract or vanilla, brown sugar to taste.
- ZESTY BLUEBERRY: 3 tbsps. frozen blueberries (thawed with juice, add it in), a dash grated lemon rind, 3-4 teaspoons raspberry jam, 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon.
- MAPLE CINNAMON (optional) COTTAGE CHEESE: 2 tsps. light cottage cheese (optional), 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, 1-3 teaspoons brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, chopped fruit (banana in particular tastes good), chopped nuts, teaspoons brown sugar (optional).
- VANILLA RAISIN NUT SPICE: 2 tbsps. raisins (or craisins), 2 1/2-3 teaspoons vanilla-flavoured syrup, 1 teaspoons brown sugar, 1/8 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1/8-1/4 teaspoons cinnamon(to taste), 1 1/2 tbsps. sliced toasted toasted.
- PEANUT BUTTER AND JAM: 1-2 tablespoons berry jam (or to taste), 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter (or to taste), 1 teaspoons margarine, dash cinnamon.
- NUTELLA BANAPPLE: 1-2 tablespoons nutella (or other hazelnut spread), 1/2 chopped ripe banana, 2 teaspoons applesauce, dash cinnamon.
- S'MORES: 1 teaspoon skim milk powder, 2 graham crackers (crumbled as fine as you perfer), 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa, 1/8 teaspoon vanilla, 1-2 teaspoons sugar, miniature milk chocolate chips (frozen or refridgerated so they dont melt right away), miniature marshmallows.
- BANANA SMASH: 1/2-3/4 of a banana, warmed then mashed (microwave for about 25 seconds on one side, then flip and microwave for an additional 10. This is if you use 3/4 banana. Adjust accordingly. Mash after the microwaving.) dash pumpkin pie spice, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, brown sugar to taste. (Adaptation of A.Lynne).
Thank you so much for this recipe compilation!! I love oatmeal but it can get so boring having it every morning so this is a really great way to change things up. So far, I have made the pumpkin, chocolate, banana PB, and PB & jam variations and loved them all! Can't wait to try the rest! UPDATE: Just made the maple cinnamon cottage cheese variation and it's delicious!! I used quick cook steel cut oats, wheat bran, skipped the salt, used almond milk, twin brand brown sugar, and a banana. I had to microwave for 3 minutes, stir, and microwave another 2 minutes for the steel oats (I went off of the container directions).
These oatmeal variations were just what I needed! My father was visiting for a month and he likes to have oatmeal for breakfast a few times a week. I tried several of them (4, 5, 14, 17, and 24) and he enjoyed the variety very much. The nice thing was all the ingredients were things that I already had on hand. He took a copy of the recipe with him so he could try some more at home.
Wow, what an impressive collection of ideas and photos! I thought I had tried oatmeal every way possible, but there are a few combinations here that I had not tried. I used the stovetop method for these, as that is what we prefer. I made the s'mores one first, and it was really great! I omitted the milk powder and used room temp chocolate chips so they would melt a little. The flavors were perfect together. Second, I made the berry cheesecake. Also very good. The only frozen fruit I had were blackberries and cherries, so I used those. Third, I made the nutella banapple one with the higher amount of nutella. This was yummy too. I don't like things too sweet, but I did add a little drizzle of maple syrup to this, as it wasn't quite sweet enough for me. Nuts would have been really good with it too. The s'mores one was definitely my favorite, for which I give this recipe 5 stars. In our house we double the amount this recipe lists for one person (same amount as on package - 1/2 cup/person).