1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Barley Cookies (Wheat Free)
Delicious, chewy, relatively healthy oatmeal cookies that do not contain wheat flour. Chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries and butterscotch chips all make great add-ins, you can also add more than the amount specified in the recipe. These cookies travel very well in lunchboxes and backpacks. The original recipe came from the Rocking P Ranch in Nanton, Alberta. I found it in a cookbook called The Cowboy Country Cookbook that my dad bought for me at the UFA in Falher, Alberta, not the place you would think to find a great recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and egg until well combined.
- 2Add vanilla and mix.
- 3Add remaining dry ingredients and mix to form dough. It will be thick.
- 4Form dough into cookie-size patties.
- 5Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- 6Bake at 325 degrees F for about 10 minutes. These cookies will not spread very much.
- 7Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to completely cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Barley Cookies (Wheat Free)
Serving Size: 1 (886 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 127.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g