1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 3/4 cup flour, the sugar, salt, oats, and yeast thoroughly.
- 2Milk butter in sauce pan. Add milk and water and heat till just warm.
- 3Add milk mixture to flour-oat mixture and beat for 5 minutes.
- 4Add egg and another 1/2 cup of flour and continue beating for another 5 minutes, adding more flour until bread pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- 5Turn bread out on a lightly floured surface and knead 8-10 minutes till smooth and elastic- adding flour as needed.
- 6Lightly spray a bowl with cooking spray, add dough. Lightly spray dough with cooking spray. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let it raise in a warm place till doubled in bulk (about 45 minutes).
- 7Punch down dough. Divide in two and roll out each half into an 8" circle.
- 8Spray two 8" round cake pans with cooking spray. Add dough (one to each pan) and with a knife gently score each loaf into 8 wedges (don't cut all the way through the dough).
- 9Lightly cover with plastic wrap (or a tea towel) and let rise until doubled in bulk (about 30 minutes).
- 10Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Bannocks
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.9
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 139.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g