Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This sounds like a yummy recipe.Great way to get that soy with a tasty treat! I found this in a old magazine,and decided to share,hope everyone likes it!
Top Review by amy carew-sturgis
I was looking for an oatmeal banana nut muffin recipe and found this one. I don't normally use soy ingredients, so I didn't have them on hand, so I substituted walnuts, vegetable oil and regular flour. This is a great recipe and I am enjoying a delicious muffin fresh from the oven as I write my review.
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup ground roasted soybeans
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 soya oil
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Grease 10-12 muffin cups.
- In large bowl: combine the flours,oats,sugar,baking soda& powder& salt.
- Stir in beaten egg,mashed bananas,melted butter,and oil.
- Fold in nuts and raisins.
- Combine well.
- Pour batter into greased muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from tins.