Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from my mom's friend Eileen. Who I think got it from Readers Digest. They are nice with a cup a tea in the afternoon. I have subbed the white sugar with Splenda for my diabetic grandma.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Mix all together well.
- Place in muffin liners (used xlarge).
- This recipes is very easily doubled and tripled.
- You can add nuts or chocolate chips too for a change. Mix all together, place in x-large muffin liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 325° (depends on size of muffins).
- Makes 12 big muffins.
We've had these a few times for breakfast and they are good. Time from mixing to oven is minimal and they freeze well for later in the week. Thank you!
Substituted blueberries for the raisins .. YUM!!!
These turned out great!! I used margarine instead of butter and it worked out fine. I didn't have enough raisins so I halfed the batter and put raisins in one half and walnuts in the other. They are both awesome in their own way. I will definitely make these again!