Recipe by hollyberry
This is my version of the one from Taste of Home, tweaked and retweaked to my idea of perfection.
Top Review by Amanda Beth
These taste amazing. I'm having serious issues with texture though. The muffins are so moist that they fall apart. I'm not sure what happened. I did add another cup of chips, but I don't think that caused the problem. I will try these again, and add another half cup of flour to see if that fixes the problem. I got 48 mini muffins and 12 regular muffins. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F and line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Stir together oats and milk in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening and sugar. Blend in bananas, eggs, vanilla and oat mixture.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and scoop batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tester comes out clean.