This is my version of the one from Taste of Home, tweaked and retweaked to my idea of perfection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325F and line muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2Stir together oats and milk in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- 4In a large bowl, cream together shortening and sugar. Blend in bananas, eggs, vanilla and oat mixture.
- 5Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and scoop batter into muffin cups.
- 6Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (2369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 148.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g