Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great recipe perfect for those 'keep-in-the-freezer' overrripe bananas, I cut mine to muesli-bar sized bars, but equally this would make a great slice (ice with melted chocolate if feeling naughty!)
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 bananas, ripe, mashed
- Set your oven to 180°C (= 355 °F). Grease an 8" suqare baking pan.
- Cream brown sugar and butter.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Mix in oats, flour, banana and chocolate chips.
- Pour mix into baking pan. Bake 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes and turn onto a baking rack to cool 15 further minutes.
- Cut to required size and shape.
This is a very hearty bar. I made a few changes. I doubled the recipe but only used half the called for butter. I increased the banana (since it can be a fat replacer) so I used 1.5 the amount called for. I used white wheat flour and mini chocolate chips. These are dense but very tasty and a nice use for my frozen bananas. Thanks.