Recipe by umeko
This healthy banana bread is high is fibre and low in fat, sugar and sodium. It is an excellent breakfast for your whole family.
Top Review by afghanmom
This bread was pretty good. I like the addition of the oatmeal which makes it healthier. If I were to make it again, I think I would add a little more sugar and more spices. It could have been a little more flavorful. The fact that it is so healthy makes it a keeper (with a bit of tweeking)The cooking time needs to be adjusted also. I made 3 mini loaves and the 30 minutes in a 350' oven wasn't quite enough time. Overall a good recipe
- 80 g rolled oats
- 120 ml skim milk
- 225 g bananas, mashed (about 3 medium)
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 150°C Lightly greased a 9x5x4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine oats and milk; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in bananas, egg white and oil until blended.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda; mix well. Add oat mixture to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.