Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My two year old can't get enough of these.
Make and share this Oatmeal, Banana, Applesauce Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 -3 bananas, smashed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon in bowl set aside.
- Combine: sugars, and butter and beat with mixer till well blended.
- Add applesauce, eggs, and vanilla beat with mixer till smooth.
- Add bananas with mix and mash by hand or with mixer (I’ve done both).
- Stir in flour mixture till just combined.
- Stir in oats.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Bake till golden brown, about 20-30 minutes depending on oven.
- Cool and cut into bars!
Wonderful aroma and taste! The batter was more than I could comfortably accommodate in a 9 x 13 so I put it in an 11 x 15 pan. I ended up baking the bars for 15 minutes longer than indicated because the center was still too moist at 30 minutes. The bigger size pan yielded 40 roughly 1 inch cubes since the batter had risen beautifully. I will make this regularly. Thanks for sharing a really great recipe.
Moist, tasty, quite healthy - thanks! You could probably cut 20 squares out of this. I didn't change a thing on this recipe, but added chocolate chips on top. Delicious!
Wonderfully moist and flavorful bars. Will make again. I sprinkled with mini chocolate chips.