Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very simple recipe for incredibly tasty cookies! Adapted from a recipe I found on epicurious.com.
Make and share this Oatmeal, Apricot & White Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to a moderate temperature.
- Cut the 6 apricots into quarters, then half the quarters.
- Spread out on a baking tray and sprinkle with sugar, making sure they're all covered.
- Pop into the oven for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn and when they're soft enough, break them up slightly and allow to cool.
- Mix the oats, flour, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add both sugars and beat until well blended.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Roughly break up the white chocolate and add to the mixture.
- Add the apricots and mix well.
- Place the mixture on a baking tray in cookie sized shapes (about two spoonfuls of the mixture per cookie).
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, until they're golden and dry to touch.
- Take out and allow to cool before eating them all because they're so tasty ;).
I think this recipe needs some work. I questioned the large amount of oats and flour and lack of leavening agent while I was making it, but I still went forward. it turned out more like a nutrition bar than a cookie. I needs more batter to hold up all the oats. Also I wasn't sure how big "1 baking bar" is because mine come in a pkg of 6 (1oz) chunks. Would be nice to get better measurements on that. I do want to work more with this recipe though because I love the flavor combination.