Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These cookies are very good!
Top Review by LaurelGon
These were really good! I used part whole wheat flour too and I substituted dried cranberries for the raisins (I think I might try dried cherries next time). I think this is a very versatile recipe - you could add different nuts, dried fruit, or flavors of chips...I'm thinking peanut butter chips might be good in this too! Thanks!
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375°.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl mix the first 7 dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl combine combine sugars with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add in butter and beat to form a grainy paste.
- Add in egg and applesauce; blend until smooth.
- Add in flour mixture; mix until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips, nuts and raisins; mix until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet leaving about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until light brown.
- Immediately transfer to a cool flat surface to cool.