Recipe by Kree
I haven't tried these yet, but they look delicious and healthy! The recipe comes from the Keystone Inn in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
Top Review by Kasha
I used some of Teresa's tips, but only egg whites, and yogurt instead of milk, all whole wheat flour. I made it as a small cake in a square pan, great breakfast food! Good, fast recipe!
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup soymilk (to make the muffins dairy-free)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Beat egg; stir in remaining ingredients, mixing just to moisten.
- Pour into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups until 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve cool or piping hot with butter.