1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Apple Pear Crisp
I've been making this (or versions of it) since I was 12 years old. This is an evolved version of the "Quaker Oatmeal Apple Crisp". It is easy to make and to play with, try adding some chopped walnuts to the crisp or use a completely different fruit for the filling, such as peaches. It's great warmed up in the microwave but it's equally good straight out of the fridge. Wonderful comfort food for winter or exam time. Very easily converted into vegan by substituting margarine for butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooking apples, peeled and sliced (about 2 large)
- 2 cups pears, peeled and sliced (about 3 large)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1While peeling apples and pears, keep them in the lemon juice so they don't turn brown.
- 2Place apples in a greased shallow 9 square baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle (2 tbsp) brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and water.
- 4Combine remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl; add melted butter, mixing until crumbly.
- 5Sprinkle crumb mixture on top of the apples.
- 6Bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 7Serve with vanilla ice cream or yogurt, great by itself too.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Apple Pear Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 243.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g