Recipe by LMillerRN
The slight nuttiness of whole-wheat flour is a perfect addition to the streusel topping. You'll never miss the white flour of a traditional crisp. From Cooking Light.
Top Review by FrVanilla
Love it! I don't miss the fat or white flour at all. Nice to find an apple crisp that isn't so fatty. Of course, like other healthy recipes I've made, my husband thinks he can eat as much as he wants haha. Frozen yogurt is so good as a topping. I will use this recipe again for sure.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 cups chopped peeled granny smith apples (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- cooking spray
- 3 cups non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, oats, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, apples, and raisins in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with oat mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Top each serving with about 1/3 cup frozen yogurt.