Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These delicious cookies are chock full of chewy yummy and mostly healthy ingredients. Enjoy!
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
These are absolutely divine! If you like Oatmeal cookies, you'll love these!!! DH doesn't really care for cooked raisins, so I left them out, but I think as well as he liked these, I'll give a few raisins a go too next time. I couldn't believe how fast these went. Within minutes after the first batch came out of the oven they were gone. They turned out soft and chewy. I used Granny Smith apples, my favorite for baking and the cookies weren't too sweet, nor the apples too tart. I thought everyone would have had their fill and I'd have some for DH's lunch tomorrow. NOT!!! Thanks for sharing a really great and healthy recipe Karen!
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups quick oats (not instant or old fashioned)
- 1 cup peeled diced apple
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease cookie sheet.
- Combine shortening, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, soda and nutmeg in a small bowl and mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
- Stir in oats, apples, raisins and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until just set.
- Cool for a minute or 2 on cookie sheets and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.