These delicious cookies are chock full of chewy yummy and mostly healthy ingredients. Enjoy!
Make and share this Oatmeal Apple Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups quick oats (not instant or old fashioned)
- 1 cup peeled diced apple
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease cookie sheet.
- Combine shortening, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, soda and nutmeg in a small bowl and mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
- Stir in oats, apples, raisins and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until just set.
- Cool for a minute or 2 on cookie sheets and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.