1/4 Photos of Oatmeal Apple Cookies
These delicious cookies are chock full of chewy yummy and mostly healthy ingredients. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups quick oats (not instant or old fashioned)
- 1 cup peeled diced apple
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375° and grease cookie sheet.
- 2Combine shortening, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- 3Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- 4Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, soda and nutmeg in a small bowl and mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
- 5Stir in oats, apples, raisins and nuts.
- 6Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- 7Bake for 13 minutes or until just set.
- 8Cool for a minute or 2 on cookie sheets and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Apple Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 55.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g