Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is some what healthy with the mixing in of whole wheat flour.
Make and share this Oatmeal Apple Cinnamon Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup oil (canola, safflower or corn oil)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup apple, finely cubed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl mix the buttermilk and oatmeal together with a fork. Set aside for 10 min; then blend in egg, oil and sugar.
- Sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl. Make a well in the center and stir in the oatmeal mixture. Using a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients together until smooth. Do not beat. Stir in apple, raisins and boiling water.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full and bake for 20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.