Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Whoa, these are so easy and so good. From www.whitelily.com
- 1 (8 1/8 ounce) package cinnamon-raisin muffin mix or 1 (8 1/8 ounce) package apple cinnamon muffin mix
- 2 cups old fashioned oats or 2 cups quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2⁄3 cup prepared apple butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, stir together muffin mix, oats, butter, honey, brown sugar and milk.
- Reserve 1 cup of oat mixture; press remainder into 8-by-8-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Spread apple butter over crust.
- Stir nuts into reserved oat mixture; sprinkle over apple butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until bars just begin to brown.